Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy birthday Lynda!

I am amazed at my own life sometimes. My friend Lynda turned 61 last week. It is hard for me to believe. I am 4 years older than her, although come February, I will be 5 years older. Time has flown;we don't seem much older to ourselves. We still send birthday cards to each other that remind us that we are "still hot", as least she is.I don't mean menopausal either, I mean attractive. What kind of brought this time passage to some sort of perspective was when I realized that I met Lynda when she was the same age as my son, who is 36 now. How can this be? Not only are we older but our "kids" are older, we are both Grandmothers....I don't feel any older at all. This truely is the basis of this blog, my musings....I think about things all the time, I just don't always get around to writing about them. I am blessed to have friends that have stayed in my life for most of it! I guess the thing that got me here was the realization that a friend I made as an adult is still a friend and we are older adults....wha happened? Time passed, and it is good and sweet and life has given me more gifts than I can possibly handle. Thanks Lynda for being one of them, and for all the laughs, for all the times you listened, for the good advice and the friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment