Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I think this photo would have made my Mom happy. My brother and his wife sent us plane tickets and took us to a beach house on Emerald Isle in North Carolina. It was such a beautiful place and a wonderfully peaceful time, for me anyway. I hope it was for them also. For all of us, or maybe just me, who were merciless with their brothers and sisters as children, it is amazing how precious they are as we age. Who else knows us as well. One friend said that "family will always push our buttons, they installed them!" This may be so, but only if we are looking at the negative side of it all. No one quite "gets" where I am coming from like my "sibs". Anyway the week was special and beautiful and I can only say that I didn't deserve it but I am grateful for it. I sat on the beach next to my brother who will be 60 to my 66 next year (no rush here) and thought how lucky I am that we still have that opportunity to share some time and space. Our spouses are compatible and we are blessed to be together. Our parents gave us the gift of family and installed the belief in its importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment