Friday, June 22, 2012

My Legacy

In kind of an attempt to clarify the musings of yesterday, what is my Legacy? I really have come to the realization that anything material is unimportant when I am gone. Not my art, my house, my jewelry....my stuff. That does not mean that I don't enjoy the things I own, I do. I love the "things" I have, but the older I get, the more I see I can get by without them. I have never seen anything that was more beautiful to me (other than my grand baby!) than the Tetons by horseback! Of course, I have not been everywhere. My legacy is only in the values I may have instilled in my children, my grand-daughter, and those daughter-women that I sponsor in my program. The smallest bits of kindness, tolerance, and right actions are all I will have of value. If life has meaning at all, it is in service to others. I don't think accomplishments are greater than that. Even the most respected religious leader serves their Higher Power and their flock.Our favorite actors, artists, musicians are those that make our own hearts and lives fuller just by seeing, hearing, and provoking our minds. I feel these things deeply today,right now. I hope I still embrace this tomorrow instead wishing I had a new car. This is part of my human condition, no? I don't want to sound preachy, just kind of unemcumbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment