Thursday, June 21, 2012

The beet goes on..........

I know, pretty silly, but life does go on and I am still hanging out in my head many times. It has only been 6 months and 5 days since my Mom died. I have come to an interesting conclusion regarding "stuff". It is mostly baggage. Why do I say this? When one is gone, the "things" that we loved are another's "quandry" when we are gone. I don't mean that my Mother's "things" weren't appreciated. Those who read my other blog (Turnabout is Fair Play) know how hard it was for me to clean the room that was hers. Other family members chose pieces that were important and meaningful to them. Now I have things that I truely do not know what to do with, but feel guilty parting with because they were so important to my Mother. For example, her Mother's chair, which she says was specially made for her because she was so small. Her Father's desk, which is a dark wood upright with a drop front. It was not a desk that he brought from his original home, but bought later. She kept it when he passed and it was important to her, none of these fit into my home but I don't want to get rid of them. Lets not even go into the Swarovski crystal pieces that are in small display cases in her room. I find myself really cleaning out all kinds of my own things. I don't want my children to have say "I know she loved this, but what do we do with it." I can't imagine making any moves at my age with the amount of stuff that we have... and I guess the best part of that is: I don't have to do anything today. That is a relief. I am now leaving the danger zone of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment